Put Over 60 Years of Experience on Your Side
Juvenile crimes can have a lasting impact on a young person's life. It's crucial to have experienced legal representation to ensure their rights are protected and to strive for the best possible outcome. Our Lubbock County juvenile defense attorneys at Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, are dedicated to providing the highest level of legal advocacy for our juvenile clients.
We understand the unique challenges that young individuals face in the legal system, and we are committed to helping them move past their mistakes and build a brighter future. Whether it's negotiating with prosecutors, advocating for diversion programs, or mounting a strong defense in court, we are prepared to go the extra mile to secure the best results for our clients.
When it comes to defending juvenile clients in Lubbock County, our law firm stands out for several reasons:
- Experience: Our attorneys have a wealth of experience in juvenile defense cases, with a deep understanding of the nuances of the Texas juvenile justice system.
- Personalized Approach: We recognize that every case is unique, and we tailor our strategies to the specific circumstances and needs of our clients.
- Compassion: Dealing with juvenile crimes can be emotionally challenging for both the accused and their families. We provide compassionate support throughout the legal process.
- Strong Advocacy: We are dedicated advocates for our clients, working tirelessly to protect their rights and secure the best possible outcomes, whether through negotiation or trial.
Understanding Juvenile Crimes in Texas
Juvenile crimes are criminal offenses committed by individuals who are below the age of 18 in Texas. The Texas juvenile justice system is distinct from the adult criminal justice system, with its primary focus being rehabilitation rather than punishment. However, this does not mean that juvenile crimes should be taken lightly. A conviction for a juvenile offense can still have significant consequences, affecting a young person's education, future job prospects, and personal relationships.
At Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, we specialize in defending the rights of juveniles accused of various offenses, including:
- Drug Offenses: Cases involving drug possession, distribution, or manufacturing, which can have severe consequences on a young person's future.
- Property Crimes: Charges related to theft, burglary, vandalism, or property damage.
- Assault and Violent Crimes: Allegations of assault, battery, or other violent offenses can have serious implications for juveniles.
- Sex Crimes: Defending juveniles accused of sexual offenses and helping them navigate the complex legal processes.
- DUI/DWI: Cases involving underage drinking and driving offenses, which can result in license suspension and other penalties.
- Traffic Violations: Assisting juveniles in dealing with traffic violations and related consequences.
Navigating the juvenile justice system in Lubbock County can be confusing, especially for those unfamiliar with its intricacies. Here is a simplified overview of the typical process:
- Arrest: A juvenile is taken into custody by law enforcement officers for alleged criminal activity.
- Intake: The case is referred to the juvenile court's intake department, where a decision is made on how to proceed, whether through diversion, formal charges, or other measures.
- Detention Hearing: If the case proceeds, a detention hearing is held to determine whether the juvenile should be held in custody or released to their parents or guardians.
- Adjudication: Similar to a trial in the adult system, this is where evidence is presented, and the judge decides whether the juvenile is "delinquent" (guilty) or not.
- Disposition: If found delinquent, a disposition hearing is held to determine the appropriate consequences, which can include probation, counseling, community service, or placement in a juvenile facility.
- Appeals: Juveniles and their families have the right to appeal the court's decision if they believe it was made in error.
Ready to Defend Your Child's Rights & Future
Cofer & Connelly, PLLC is your dedicated legal advocate for juvenile defense in Lubbock County, TX. With a solid reputation for excellence in the field of criminal defense, our law firm is committed to safeguarding the rights and futures of juveniles facing legal challenges.
Our team understands that facing juvenile charges can be a daunting experience, both for the young individuals involved and their families. That's why we are here to provide compassionate, knowledgeable, and effective legal representation.
"Excellent all around. Highly recommend."W. N.
"I am eternally grateful for all of the efforts they put in to go above and beyond for everyone they help."Former Client
"They really listen to and care about their client's needs and consistently fight for the best outcome! I am eternally grateful for all of the effort they put in to go above and beyond for everyone they help."C.D.
65 Years of Experience