- Stradbroke College of Journalism, Sheffield, England
- UNC-Chapel Hill, NC - BA in Journalism and Mass Communication, highest honors
- Duke University School of Law - JD, cum laude
- Austin Bar Association
- Northern District of Texas
- Western District of Texas
- Vinson & Elkins, Dallas (2002-2006)
- Travis County District Attorney's Office (2006-2007)
- DuBois, Campbell & Bryant (2007-2009)
- Travis County District Attorney's Office (2009-2022)
- Board of Directors, Mystery Writers of America 2018 - Present
I spend a lot of my time working on whichever novel is in progress and, fortunately, get to do a lot of traveling for my books, which I love. Whether it's book signings in Scottsdale or research in Paris, I love it all.
When not working on my books, I try and spend as much time as I can with my family, especially since they will soon all be off to college. I'll have my wife and two dogs to keep me company once they go, and we're all very close so I'm sure there will be lots of visits back and forth from the kids' respective colleges.
"In the end, his timeframe was right and the charge was dropped. I couldn't imagine going through this journey without both his legal expertise and heartfelt compassion."K.Z.
"This man right here is the man to go to he will handle your case with confidence and make sure you are well taken care of and updated on everything."Former Client
"He went above and beyond multiple times with a complicated matter and I am forever grateful."L.B.