Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Austin
Straightforward & Honest Legal Counsel
If you have been involved in a bicycle crash recently, get in touch with our bicycle accident lawyers in Austin as soon as possible. Our team at Cofer & Connelly, PLLC is determined to scrutinize the details of the accident, striving to get you the compensation you deserve. We have successfully handled over 18,000 cases and know what it takes to win.
Types of Bicycle Accident Cases We Take On
For some people unfamiliar with bicycles, it may seem that all bikes are more or less the same, with two wheels, handlebars, and a seat. However, they could not be further from the truth. In the same way there many kinds of bikes, there are just as many types of bicycle collisions, with their own distinct liabilities.
Here at Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, our empathetic Austin bike accident attorneys deal with any type of bike accident, including:
- Collisions between bicycles and automobiles
- Inappropriate lane changes
- Left-hand turn accidents
- Right-hand turn Accidents
- Drunk driving or under-the-influence accidents
- Accidents occurring because of blind spots
- Crashes caused by refusing to yield
- Accidents caused by speeding
- Events where cyclists have been hit by automobile doors
- Rear-end collisions
Causes of Bicycle Accidents
There is a variety of reasons that bicycle accidents could occur. Sometimes, accidents occur due to sheer negligence or absence of mind, but in other cases the automobile driver might even be willfully careless and disrespectful of cyclists’ space.
At our firm, we have discovered that some of the most prevalent reasons for car accidents include:
- Drivers being distracted from the road, either by mobile devices or daydreaming
- Drivers who are too fatigued or sleepy
- A lack of properly checking blind spots
- Intoxication or overdose from alcohol or drugs
- Failure to keep careful watch
- Refusal to correctly follow road and traffic regulations
- Speeding or racing automobiles
Tragically, many of these accidents could have been avoided if vehicle drivers simply paid closer attention, rather than ignoring cyclists. Sometimes drivers merge too quickly into lanes, pushing cyclists off the road. They may make sudden left turns, which create disastrous collisions. Some drivers even carelessly open their doors to throw out trash, only to smash into an oncoming cyclist.
Devoted Advocacy for Your Pain
As individuals who have been involved in a bicycle personal injury case know, biking accidents are often far more devastating than a normal automobile crash. You can suffer not only painful physical injuries, but also emotional and mental trauma. Your accident might even affect your ability to earn a living. You deserve compensation for your suffering and shock, which is exactly what Cofer & Connelly, PLLC aims to offer.