My family always jokes, ‘the legal gene is in her blood.’ I grew up in the courtroom, often going to work with my parents. One of my earliest life memories is watching juvenile court with my dad who was a prosecutor at the time and is now a state district judge. My mom was a court coordinator and has undoubtedly taught me as much law as my dad has. Ever since that day in juvenile court, I have dreamed of helping people in the same way they have. My maternal grandfather was an incredible Austin, Texas defense attorney and was partners in a firm with my uncle. They always fought the good, honest fight for the underdog and instilled in me to do the same. My paternal grandfather taught law at the University of Texas. It really is in my blood.
I graduated from Texas A&M University (WHOOP!) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology. I then went on to get my JD from St. Mary’s University School of Law in San Antonio, Texas. There I was Chair of the Board of Advocates and an Editorial Member for The Scholar: St. Mary’s Law Review on Race and Social Justice. Advocating for others and social justice are hand in hand very important to me.
I was born in Austin and grew up in Bastrop, Texas. I am always down for adventure and a good hike. In my free time you can find me walking around town with my dog and cheering on the Aggies.
- Bachelor’s in Sociology, Texas A&M University
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, St. Mary’s University School of Law
- Associate Attorney, Cofer & Connelly, PLLC
- Law Clerk, Cofer & Connelly, PLLC
- Law Clerk, Hays County District Attorney’s Office
- Legal Intern, Travis County District Attorney’s Office
- State Bar of Texas
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyer’s Association
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyer’s Association
- Bastrop County Bar Association
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- SuperLawyer Rising Star 2023
- AVVO Client Choice Award 2023
- The Order of Barristers 2021
- Judge Andy Mireles Achievement Award 2021
- Texas Young Lawyers President’s Award of Merit 2021
- Outstanding Board of Advocates Service Award 2020-2021
- St. Mary’s University Presidential Award Nominee 2021
- Women in Law Leadership Award Nominee 2021