Protecting Your Child's Rights & Future
If your child has been charged with a crime in Hays County, it is important to seek the assistance of an experienced juvenile defense lawyer. At Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, we understand the seriousness of these charges and the potential long-term consequences they can have on your child's future.
Our team of skilled juvenile defense attorneys has extensive experience representing minors facing a wide range of criminal offenses. We work tirelessly to protect your child's rights and ensure they receive the best possible outcome in their case.
Here's why you should choose us to represent your child:
- Extensive Experience: Our team has a wealth of experience defending juvenile clients in Hays County. We are well-versed in the juvenile justice system and have a proven track record of achieving favorable outcomes for our clients.
- Tailored Approach: We recognize that each juvenile case is unique. That's why we take a personalized approach to every case, crafting defense strategies that address the specific circumstances and needs of our clients.
- Compassionate Advocacy: We understand the stress and uncertainty that a juvenile criminal charge can bring to both the child and their family. Our lawyers provide compassionate support throughout the legal process, keeping you informed and involved every step of the way.
- Comprehensive Services: Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, offers a wide range of legal services related to juvenile defense, including representing clients in court, negotiating with prosecutors, and providing guidance on rehabilitation options.
- Local Expertise: As a prominent law firm in Hays County, we have a deep understanding of the local court system, judges, and legal processes. This local knowledge can be a significant advantage when navigating your child's case.
What is a Juvenile Crime in Texas?
In Texas, a juvenile crime is a criminal offense committed by an individual who is under the age of 18. The Texas juvenile justice system is specifically designed to address offenses committed by minors in a manner that takes into account their age, development, and potential for rehabilitation, rather than focusing primarily on punitive measures. Juvenile crimes in Texas cover a wide range of offenses, and the legal procedures for handling them are distinct from the adult criminal justice system.
Common examples of juvenile offenses in Hays County include:
- Theft: This offense involves taking someone else's property with the intent to deprive them of it. Juvenile theft cases can range from shoplifting to burglary.
- Drug Possession: Possession of controlled substances, such as marijuana, cocaine, or prescription drugs without a valid prescription, is a common juvenile offense.
- Assault: Juveniles can be charged with assault if they cause bodily injury to another person, even if it's a schoolyard fight.
- Vandalism: Acts of graffiti, property damage, or destruction can lead to criminal charges for juveniles.
- Underage Drinking: Texas has strict laws regarding underage alcohol possession and consumption, which can result in criminal charges for juveniles.
- Cybercrimes: With the rise of technology, cyberbullying, hacking, and other online offenses have become prevalent among juveniles.
How We Can Help
At Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, we understand that each case is unique and requires a personalized approach. That's why we take the time to thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your child's case and build a strong defense strategy. Our Hays County juvenile defense attorneys are dedicated to protecting your child's future and ensuring they receive the best possible outcome in their case.
Our team is well-versed in the intricacies of the Hays County juvenile justice system, including:
- Detention: Juveniles who are arrested may be placed in a detention center while their case is pending. Our lawyers can work to secure your child's release and advocate for their rights during this critical phase.
- Adjudication: Instead of a trial, juvenile cases go through an adjudication process. We will diligently represent your child's interests during adjudication hearings, working to minimize the impact of a formal finding of delinquency.
- Rehabilitation: In many cases, the focus of the juvenile justice system is on rehabilitation rather than punishment. We can help explore and advocate for rehabilitation options that are in your child's best interests.
- Expungement: If your child's case results in a favorable outcome, we can assist in the process of sealing or expunging their juvenile record to minimize the long-term consequences.
If your child has been charged with a crime in Hays County, don't wait to seek help. Contact Cofer & Connelly, PLLC today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced juvenile defense lawyers.
"Excellent all around. Highly recommend."W. N.
"I am eternally grateful for all of the efforts they put in to go above and beyond for everyone they help."Former Client
"They really listen to and care about their client's needs and consistently fight for the best outcome! I am eternally grateful for all of the effort they put in to go above and beyond for everyone they help."C.D.
65 Years of Experience