Your future is at stake when facing a criminal charge, and you deserve nothing short of exceptional legal representation. We’re committed to delivering unparalleled criminal defense services in Texas. Recognized as Best Lawyer by the Austin Chronicle for three consecutive years, our firm boasts six attorneys recognized as Texas Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
With more than 100 years of combined experience serving as felony prosecutors, judges, and defense attorneys, we handle some of the most complex criminal cases in Texas. Having tried over 300 cases in front of judges and juries and managing tens of thousands more, we know what it takes to get the job done.
We take pride in our track record, winning dismissals, acquittals, or reductions in over 94% of all criminal cases since 2020 across more than seventy Texas counties, including serious cases like murder, sexual assault, drug possession, family violence assault, and driving while intoxicated.
Our ultimate goal is to get your case dismissed and help you reclaim control of your life.
If you're facing criminal charges, you can't afford to have a lawyer who won't go above and beyond for you. Our Austin criminal defense attorney will work with you to develop a comprehensive case strategy to protect your legal rights in court, pursue your best interests, and set you up for success once your case is over. There's a reason our law firm has become a staple of law defense in Austin, TX. Our lawyers will do everything we can to help you successfully navigate your case.
When facing misdemeanor or felony charges, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney in Austin advocating for your legal rights because there is more at stake than you may realize.
A criminal conviction could mean life-altering consequences, including:
- Jail or prison time
- Substantial fines
- Loss of Second Amendment rights
- Inability to secure bank or credit loans
- Revocation of licenses
- Inability to secure a job
Our lawyers get to work when a prospective client contacts our law firm in Austin, Texas.
Our intake team diligently takes down details about the situation and immediately searches for all available information and records related to the incident.
Once the intake is complete, one of our highly experienced criminal lawyers in Austin, TX, with contact you for a consultation.
Our defense lawyers are former prosecutors and former judges with decades of experience handling and winning the most challenging cases in Texas.
Why Have An Austin Criminal Defense Lawyer In Your Corner?
If you are facing criminal charges, the police and the prosecutor will do everything they can to convict you. This means that the odds are stacked against you from the moment you walk into the courthouse. While you are innocent until proven guilty, you need someone on your side that will advocate for your rights, investigate the circumstances that led to the charges, and present a sound defense if necessary.
Public defenders do their best, but they often juggle a heavy caseload and may not have the time or resources to give your case the individualized attention it requires. An experienced criminal defense attorney at Cofer & Connelly will handle your case with the care and zeal necessary to obtain the most favorable outcome, given your unique circumstances. Make the right call by reaching out to us today for a free consultation.
You Are Innocent Unless Proven Guilty
Just because you have been charged with a crime does not mean that you will be found guilty or that the police followed the law when they arrested you. The criminal justice system is far from perfect. We have seen many cases involving state and federal crimes where law enforcement has trampled on a client’s rights or simply got the facts wrong. You need an advocate on your side that will review the evidence against you with an eye trained for spotting even the smallest mistakes and violations made by law enforcement officials.
A skilled criminal defense attorney at Cofer & Connelly will leave no stone unturned when crafting the best defense against the charges you are facing. Moreover, having an experienced criminal defense attorney who will shoot straight with you can save you time and money. While we will do everything possible to have your charges dismissed, we will also explore viable alternatives to resolving your case. This could include a diversionary program which, once completed, may result in the removal of the charges and a clean criminal record.
What Criminal Defense Cases Do We Handle in Austin?
Here at Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, our Austin criminal defense firm handles a wide range of criminal cases, including:
- DWI. Driving while intoxicated is one of the most common criminal offenses, but that doesn't make it any less serious. Receiving a guilty judgment in a DWI case can change your life, resulting in the suspension of your driver's license and introducing unexpected financial and professional instability into your life. Our criminal lawyers in Austin, TX are here to help you understand your rights and develop a plan for how to tackle your DWI case. We'll do whatever we can to help you receive an equitable judgment from the court.
- Felonies. We'll do everything in our power to help you get the outcome you deserve in your court case.
- Violent crimes. Violent crimes can have severe repercussions for alleged offenders, so having an experienced attorney on your case is essential. Our Austin criminal defense team will help you understand the potential outcomes for your case and pursue your best interests in court.
- Assault family violence. Assault cases can be emotionally challenging and legally complex. Depending on the specific allegations against you, charges can range from a Class C misdemeanor citation to a first-degree felony. You need criminal defense representation who will listen to you, work with you, and help you through the difficult process of facing a criminal assault charge.
- Drug crimes. Like DWIs, drug crimes can have a significant impact on your life. Our Austin criminal attorneys will help you understand what to expect from your case and fight for your rights in court.
- Alcohol offenses. DWI isn't the only alcohol-related charge. If you're facing alcohol offense charges, our team can help you determine what to do next and advocate for you in court.
- Theft crimes. Many people think of theft as a minor offense, but that's not necessarily true. Like other criminal charges, a theft crime can leave you with a criminal record that destabilizes your career and makes it harder to carry out essential activities like finding housing. Our Austin criminal defense lawyers will work with you to understand your case and represent you in court.
- Expunctions. A criminal record can prevent you from living life to the fullest. Depending on your record and how the court handled your case, it may be possible to receive an expunction, effectively erasing your criminal record in the eyes of individuals like potential employers and landlords. Our team will help you file for an expunction and work with you to move past your criminal record so you can begin living life to the fullest.
- Juvenile crimes. For any parent, having their child charged with a crime can be nerve-wracking. Our Austin juvenile lawyers fully understand the Texas juvenile legal system and can help you learn what to expect from your child's case. We'll represent your child in court if necessary, ensuring they receive the counsel they deserve.
- Traffic tickets. Traffic tickets can be a hassle—receiving too many could even result in a license suspension. Our criminal attorneys in Austin can help you fight traffic charges in court so you can continue to live your life.
- Jail release. Do you have a loved one in jail facing criminal charges? Our team can help you locate them. Once we understand what they're facing, we can also work with you to develop a strategy for their legal representation.
- Weapons charges. If you're facing a weapons charge, you need an attorney you can trust by your side to help you protect your rights and handle your case. Our team will do just that, ensuring you feel accurately represented during your trial.
- Driver's license suspensions. As we mentioned earlier, a DWI can result in a license suspension. If you rely on your license to get to places like work or school, receiving a license suspension could inconvenience you or even result in the loss of your job or access to education. Our criminal lawyers in Austin, TX will help you take the necessary steps to either obtain a restricted license so you can get to essential locations or fully reinstate your driver's license, depending on the circumstances of your case.
There's a reason our team here at Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, is a staple of the Austin criminal law community. We take pride in what we do, and we consistently deliver outstanding results for our clients.
Charged with a crime in Austin, TX? To schedule a consultation with our Austin criminal defense attorneys and learn more about how we can help you navigate your criminal offense case, contact us online or call (512) 991-0576.
Over 65 Years of Collective Experience
Each Case Is Treated Individually
We Are Driven by Results & Strategy
Our Approach Is Client Focused
We Have Deep Roots in the Community
Our Team Has a Wide Range of Skills
"He was incredibly professional and proficient at both progressing my case, keeping me in the loop as well as thoroughly explaining what to expect and how to proceed moving forward. I'm very grateful for his services overall."D.S.
I am convinced that this is the best criminal defense team in Austin and probably in all of Texas.J.H.
"He went above and beyond multiple times with a complicated matter and I am forever grateful."L.B.