Our Austin Criminal Defense Practice Areas
Here at Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, we handle a wide range of criminal cases, including:
- DWI. Driving while intoxicated is one of the most common criminal offenses, but that doesn't make it any less serious. Receiving a guilty judgment in a DWI case can change your life, resulting in the suspension of your driver's license and introducing unexpected financial and professional instability into your life. Our lawyers are here to help you understand your rights and develop a plan for how to tackle your DWI case. We'll do whatever we can to help you receive an equitable judgment from the court.
- Felonies. As we wrote earlier, our team has managed to resolve 80% of our felony cases in the last year without the court issuing a felony charge against our client. If that doesn't speak to our level of experience when it comes to handling serious criminal charges, we don't know what will. We'll do everything in our power to help you get the outcome you deserve in your court case.
- Violent crimes. Violent crimes can have severe repercussions for alleged offenders, so having an experienced attorney on your case is essential. Our team will help you understand the potential outcomes for your case and pursue your best interests in court.
- Assault family violence. Assault cases can be emotionally challenging and legally complex. Depending on the specific allegations against you, charges can range from a Class C misdemeanor citation to a first-degree felony. You need criminal defense representation who will listen to you, work with you, and help you through the difficult process of facing a criminal assault charge.
- Drug crimes. Like DWIs, drug crimes can have a significant impact on your life. Our team will help you understand what to expect from your case and fight for your rights in court.
- Alcohol offenses. DWI isn't the only alcohol-related charge. If you're facing alcohol offense charges, our team can help you determine what to do next and advocate for you in court.
- Theft crimes. Many people think of theft as a minor offense, but that's not necessarily true. Like other criminal charges, a theft crime can leave you with a criminal record that destabilizes your career and makes it harder to carry out essential activities like finding housing. Our lawyers will work with you to understand your case and represent you in court.
- Expunctions. A criminal record can prevent you from living life to the fullest. Depending on your record and how the court handled your case, it may be possible to receive an expunction, effectively erasing your criminal record in the eyes of individuals like potential employers and landlords. Our team will help you file for an expunction and work with you to move past your criminal record so you can begin living life to the fullest.
- Juvenile crimes. For any parent, having their child charged with a crime can be nerve-wracking. Our lawyers fully understand the Texas juvenile legal system and can help you learn what to expect from your child's case. We'll represent your child in court if necessary, ensuring they receive the counsel they deserve.
- Traffic tickets. Traffic tickets can be a hassle—receiving too many could even result in a license suspension. Our attorneys can help you fight traffic charges in court so you can continue to live your life.
- Jail release. Do you have a loved one in jail facing criminal charges? Our team can help you locate them. Once we understand what they're facing, we can also work with you to develop a strategy for their legal representation.
- Weapons charges. If you're facing a weapons charge, you need an attorney you can trust by your side to help you protect your rights and handle your case. Our team will do just that, ensuring you feel accurately represented during your trial.
- Driver's license suspensions. As we mentioned earlier, a DWI can result in a license suspension. If you rely on your license to get to places like work or school, receiving a license suspension could inconvenience you or even result in the loss of your job or access to education. Our lawyers will help you take the necessary steps to either obtain a restricted license so you can get to essential locations or fully reinstate your driver's license, depending on the circumstances of your case.
There's a reason our team here at Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, is a staple of the Austin criminal law community. We take pride in what we do, and we consistently deliver outstanding results for our clients.