Burnet County Sex Crime Attorneys
Protecting Your Rights & Future Against Serious Allegations
Being accused of a sex crime can be a life-altering experience. Even if you are not convicted, the damage to your reputation and personal relationships can be irreparable. If you are convicted, you will face severe criminal penalties, including imprisonment and mandatory sex offender registration. At Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, we understand the gravity of these charges and the impact they can have on your life. Our Burnet County sex crime lawyers are here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for the most favorable outcome in your case.
Types of Sex Crimes
Sex crimes are offenses that involve sexual conduct that is non-consensual, coerced, or unlawful in nature. These crimes encompass a broad range of actions that violate laws governing sexual behavior and can involve various degrees of severity. In Texas, common types of sex crimes include:
- Rape: Non-consensual sexual intercourse or penetration.
- Sexual Assault: Unwanted sexual contact or behavior without consent, which can involve varying degrees of force or coercion.
- Indecent Exposure: Exposing genitals or engaging in sexual behavior in public or in the presence of others without their consent.
- Sexual Abuse of a Child: Involves sexual contact or exploitation of minors, including statutory rape, child molestation, or child pornography.
- Aggravated Sexual Assault: Involves a more severe form of sexual assault, often including serious bodily injury or involving a deadly weapon.
- Online Solicitation of a Minor: Using the internet to communicate with a minor with the intent to commit a sexual offense.
- Prostitution and Solicitation: Engaging in or soliciting sexual acts in exchange for money or other items of value.
- Sexual Harassment: Unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that creates a hostile or offensive environment.
- Human Trafficking for Sexual Purposes: Involves recruiting, harboring, transporting, or obtaining individuals through force, fraud, or coercion for sexual exploitation.
These offenses can vary in severity and carry different legal consequences depending on the circumstances of the case, the age of the individuals involved, and other factors. Texas, like other states, has specific laws and penalties for each type of sex crime to protect individuals and prosecute offenders.
Defending Against Sex Crime Charges
Being accused of a sex crime can be a terrifying experience. You may be unsure of what to do or where to turn for help. At Cofer & Connelly, PLLC, we are here to guide you through the legal process and help you fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
Some of the defense strategies we may be able to use in your case include:
- Consent: In some cases, the alleged victim may have consented to the sexual activity. If this is the case, we can argue that you are not guilty of the charges against you.
- False Accusations: Unfortunately, false accusations of sex crimes are not uncommon. In some cases, the alleged victim may have made up the allegations out of anger, jealousy, or a desire for revenge. In other cases, the alleged victim may have been coerced or manipulated into making the accusations. Our Burnet County sex crime attorneys can investigate the circumstances surrounding your case and work to uncover any evidence that supports your innocence.
- Insufficient Evidence: The prosecution has the burden of proving the charges against you beyond a reasonable doubt. If there is not enough evidence to meet this burden, we can argue that you are not guilty of the charges against you.
- Police Misconduct: In some cases, the police may have violated your constitutional rights during the investigation. If this is the case, we can file a motion to suppress the evidence against you and, in some cases, get the charges dismissed.
Our Burnet County sex crime attorneys will conduct a thorough investigation into the allegations against you and the circumstances surrounding your case. We will work to uncover any evidence that supports your innocence and build a strong defense strategy on your behalf.
Why Choose Cofer & Connelly, PLLC?
Our firm is committed to providing our clients with the compassionate legal guidance and aggressive representation they deserve. We understand the fear, stress, and uncertainty that comes with being accused of a sex crime, and we are here to help you navigate the legal process and fight for your rights.
When you choose our firm, you can expect:
- Personalized Legal Solutions: We know that no two cases are the same. That is why we take the time to listen to your story, understand your goals, and develop a legal strategy that is tailored to your unique needs.
- Open & Honest Communication: We believe that communication is key to a successful attorney-client relationship. Our team is always available to answer your questions, address your concerns, and keep you informed about the status of your case.
- Aggressive Representation: We are not afraid to take on tough cases or go up against powerful prosecutors. Our Burnet County sex crime attorneys are skilled litigators who are not afraid to fight for you in the courtroom.
- Compassionate Support: We know that being accused of a sex crime can be a traumatic experience. Our team is here to provide you with the compassionate support and guidance you need during this difficult time.
"Excellent all around. Highly recommend."W. N.
"I am eternally grateful for all of the efforts they put in to go above and beyond for everyone they help."Former Client
"They really listen to and care about their client's needs and consistently fight for the best outcome! I am eternally grateful for all of the effort they put in to go above and beyond for everyone they help."C.D.
103 Years of Experience